Thank You Radhika Acharya for nominating me for the Liebster Award 2018. I really appreciate your gesture. It took me a very long time to gather information about the award, to find out how it works and other details. So here I am doing what is required of me to participate in this blogger to blogger recognition award.
I came across Radhika’s blog at a blog party and have enjoyed reading it ever since. Her tagline of ” I see humor in the mundane” aptly describes all her blogs. That is a wonderful blogging niche and a wonderful way of looking at life itself. Kudos to you girl. Keep writing!
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers who they think need encouragement and recognition. It was started by The Global Aussie.
The rules for the 2018 Award are as below :
• Thank the person who nominated you
• Display the award on your post
• Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
• Provide 10 random facts about yourself
• Answer the questions given to you
• Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
• Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
• List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
Okay, so here I go…
I got into blogging close to two years ago when I started a blog which I did not want to publicly own. I wanted to remain anonymous. I would share it on my fb wall on the pretext of sharing something that I read somewhere. 🙂 But my friends were quick to find out it was me. They said they felt I was talking to them through the blog. That is when I decided to stop being anonymous and started a blog as ME. It was such a relief because I did not have to pretend to be someone else. 🙂 I write about anything that captures my attention. My emotions, my fears, my anxieties, my dreams, everything finds place in my blogs.
10 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I love myself and whatever I do.
2. I am an introvert by nature but can become an extrovert when my role demands of me.
3. The best moment of the day is when I finish my exercise routine and say “good job girl! ” to myself.
4. I eat to live and do not live to eat.
5. I start afresh every day and am capable of completely forgetting what happened yesterday. (unless I have decided to remember and carry it forward)
6. I know very clearly that I am responsible for all my thoughts and its repercussions.
7. Whenever I forget what I am capable of, i get a message from someone reminding me of what I am capable. I consider this a miracle.
8. I am a lazy person and the only way for me to be efficient is by having a todo list, preparing a menu for the week and allotting specific time for every activity.
9. I can coexist in the real and my imaginary world at the same time.
10. I listen to myself more than anyone else.
These are the questions that Radhika has asked me:
1. If given a chance, what would you like to change about yourself?
The only thing that I would like to change about myself is complacency. I know I am capable of much more than what I am doing currently. But I get complacent and that stops me from taking up more.
2. What were you looking for when you started your blog?
I wanted to tell stories, write poems and talk to the entire world when I started the blog. I wanted to bring a smile of hope, a tear of joy and a sigh of bliss to my reader when I started my blog.
3. A movie, book or friend – which one for company when feeling low?
A movie. I usually don’t share my feelings with a friend when I am feeling low. I may share it once I am over it. So a movie helps me escape into an imaginary world. I read a book when I am feeling good.
4. What 3 things do you always carry in your purse/wallet?
I always carry my Credit Card, my DL and my photo ( I don’t know why, but I always have a pic of myself in my wallet.)
5.Have you ever dreamed of doing something out of your comfort zone?
Yes. I have dreamt of writing and publishing. I never thought writing would fall into my comfort zone until I started doing it. So now I have come to the conclusion that anything is out of your comfort zone only till you actually do it.
6. Do you have any OCDs (obsessive compulsive disorder)?
My friends say I have OCD. But I know that my laziness often overpowers everything else.
7. Which do you favor – a white lie or a candid truth?
A white lie. I can tell the candid truth to myself but prefer a white lie from another person. Telling someone the candid truth is also difficult for me. I will refrain from it unless it is really required.
8. What freaks you out most?
The thought of people killing others in the name of religion freaks me out the most.
9. What is the thing that most irritates you in a person?
When a person has absolutely no content but tries to portray himself as an intellect, I get extremely irritated.
10. What does this award mean to you?
Awards are always special. When a fellow blogger acknowledges your work and thinks of you when they have to nominate, it really feels good. Each of us know the kind of effort that goes into writing a good blog. So it feels really good.
Now, it is my turn to nominate people for this award. I follow a lot of really talented bloggers on wordpress. With some of them, i feel a connect which is beyond what words can express. I just love to read what they write. Their journey in some way teaches me something that I have always wanted to learn. They all have a good reader base but I am still picking the 6 of them here.
Julie at https://emptynestadventures.life/
Anneli at https://wordsfromanneli.com/
Miriam at https://outanabout.com/ and
And, here are my simple questions to all my favorite bloggers. I have 8 questions and hope you find them interesting to answer.
1. Which is your favorite blog post out of all the blog posts that you have posted. And why is it so special to you?
2. Are you concerned about being judged when you write about something?
3. What would you do if wordpress and other such writing platforms (the internet based easy access platforms) ceased to exist one fine day?
4. Would you rather have strong roots or firm wings?
5. Would you like to plant: trees or flowering plants in your backyard? Why?
6. On a rainy day would you prefer to sit at home and watch the rain or get out of the house with an umbrella?
7. When you see a butterfly sitting on a flower, would you follow the butterfly or admire the flower that it was sitting on once the butterfly start to fly?
8. What have been your most important learnings since you started blogging. (2 of them please.)
A big Thank you to all my blogging friends for doing what you do because you inspire and touch many lives.